Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Reinvent Yourself

"Why waste time proving over and over how great you are, when you could be getting better? Why hide deficiencies instead of overcoming them? Why look for friends or partners who will just shore up your self-esteem instead of ones who will also challenge you to grow? And why seek out the tried and true, instead of experiences that will stretch you? The passion for stretching yourself and sticking to it, even (or especially) when it’s not going well, is the hallmark of the growth mindset. This is the mindset that allows people to thrive during some of the most challenging times in their lives."
_
Carol Dweck (psychologist)

To Live is to conquer, to experience, to engage and learn, to share, to find comfort in friends and one day finding that big true Love... but to Live is also loosing, is getting less strong, is being left out, is being forgotten. To Live means to be thrilled with others company and be amazed when our expectations are met, but it also means one day being disappointed and disillusioned.

If someone doesn't love you, you do. If you fail, remember when you succeed. Nobody lives forever, so be prepared to leave. Learn to use the saddest days of your existence as the most important chapters in your Life. Be resilient.

Create a passion for learning rather than hunger for approval, become Free from your own self-deceiving lies and be honest about what scares you, be true about what you're searching for or what you need to let go.

There some simple changes that can do so much...

Instead of saying I'll try, I hope, say I choose to, I will
Instead of saying I should or shouldn't say, I could or I don't need to
Instead of saying I'm on a diet say, I choose to eat healthier
Instead of saying I need to exercise say, I want to move, dance or play. 
I choose what makes feel good.

All great inventions emerge from a long sequence of small sparks
_
Keith Sawyer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment